Manco the Jaguar, blessed us with a sighting for over a hour, he has been very present the past couple of months through a record wet season.
Photo: Ben Griffiths
There have been many Giant Anteater sightings at Barranco Alto this year, however we did notice less with their young. Still this didn't stop one of our guests capturing this great shot!
- A South American tapir (Tapirus terrestris, anta) and a flock of whistling ducks.
- A yellow anaconda (Eunectes notaeus, sucuri) killing a blue-and-yellow macaw.
- A giant otter (Pteronura brasiliensis, ariranha) eating fish.
- A giant anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla, tamanduá-bandeira) with a baby on it's back.
- A jaguar (Panthera onca, onça-pintada) stalking capybaras.
|Photo by Paulo|
In this picture you see a mother with a baby on her back.
With this our bird list (link) has reached the impressive number of 401 species registered on the grounds of Fazenda Barranco Alto !